Green PC means a PC which uses a minimum of resources and causes less damage to the environment than normal PCs.
- uses less and environmental friendly materials
- uses less energy
- uses lead free parts
- produces less carbon dioxide output (CO2)
Results in using green PCs
- they consume less energy than normal PCs
- they have better power management capabilities
- they have a positive impact on your monthly electrical bill
- they produce less carbon dioxide output (CO2)
- disconnect the PC during the night from the power source
- use the power options in your operating system in order to save energy
- switch to hibernate mode while leaving the PC for more than 1 hour
Give your old PC away ! If the PC is still working – it’s not for the trash. PCs no more used can be reused, for example in public charity and community programs. Linux for Africa does reconditions PCs from Europe, installs a Linux distribution and ships them to southern Africa countries for schooling purposes. More information : Linux for Africa
If you have a non functioning PC, give it for recycling. The recycling process recovers materials for reuse instead of eliminating them by using energy.
By a used PC. This will help to avoid recycling of a functioning PC and to waste energy.
The same article in French
– get post updates by subscribing to our e-mail list
– share on social media :